Rowden Fullen (2000)
Consider the various ways to communicate and try to keep things simple and to the point.
- Methods — verbally, visually, by demonstration.
- Understand your audience (the right language).
- The right timing.
Consider the various ways to make this effective.
- Volunteers and sparring.
- Mixed abilities, how to handle.
- Best format.
- Maintaining interest.
The various items and aspects and how to use them to best effect.
- Rubbers, all types including pimple and anti-loop.
- Sponges, all types including sponge for gluing/optimising.
- Robots, when and how to use.
- Multi-ball, when and how to use.
How the player should start and different ways to develop.
- The strokes, beginners, intermediates and advanced.
- The routines.
- Style development.
- Physical development.
- Mental development.
In the area of resource management.
- Managing relationships.
In the area of analytical skills.
- Developmental skills.
- Support skills.
- Tactical and technical skills.
- Mental skills.
- Pupil progression — personal development.
- Community benefits, social, relaxation and fun.
- Increasing numbers.
- Ability to influence over a wider area.